Environment & Corporate Responsibility
At Kuantum Papers, Corporate Social Responsibility is taken seriously and translates into running its business in a manner that takes responsibility for the social and environmental impact. Kuantum Papers has taken following initiatives towards CSR.
Responsibility Towards Environment
Annually renewable raw materials such as agro-residue and wild grass are used thereby conserving the forests.
Successfully developed and implemented the process for the biomethanation of alkaline sulphite black liquor for the first time.
Implemented enzymatic pre-bleaching of pulp to reduce the consumption of chlorine.
Adoption of lignin recovery process for recovery of a bio-inhibitory compound, lignin, from the black liquor to meet the regulatory norms set up by the environmental authorities.
Responsibility Towards Society
Quality education for local children through a public school run and managed by the mill management in the local village at subsidized fee.
Dispensary facility within factory premises besides ESI Dispensary for own workers and villagers.
Free medical Check-up and awareness camps in the surrounding villages. Blood donation camps in the industry’s premises.
Free supply of treated effluent for the irrigation in the surrounding villages. The sandy loam soil of the surrounding village has turned into fertile land with the use of treated effluent from the mill.
- Actively participating in Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan through construction of prefabricated toilet facilities in surrounding villages.
- Installation of Sewerage Treatment Plant at Saila Khurd, Bharatpur Jattan and Raniala.
- Tree Plantation in Government schools & Panchayat Lands.
- Company run High School.
- Installation of Solar Lights in surrounding villages.
- Organizing Blood Donation Camps & Free Medical Check-up Camps.
- Providing Fire Tender facility with staff in case of Emergency in surrounding Villages.
- Distribution of sewing machines to widows & differently-abled women in surrounding villages.
- Financial Assistance to Government Schools and hospitals in surrounding villages.
- Installation of RO systems with water Coolers for supply of drinking water free of charge in the vicinity of the mill.